Sydney Design Festival 2019
- When 1 Mar - 10 Mar 2019
CNR OXFORD ST & GREENS RD PADDINGTON
- Make design accessible and engaging to new audiences
- Showcase work of designers, both emerging and established
- Tackle design challenges and the future of design
- Be inclusive, representative and cross-disciplinary
- Champion process and experimentation, exploring the in-between and collaborative nature of design
- Who are they designing for and how can audiences access this?
- What is the role of design in creating a more accessible world? How can we all be more open and inclusive with our approach to design?
UNSW Art & Design's involvement includes Dr Mark Ian Jones, Deputy Head of School (Design), contributing as a Festival Advisor, and events by staff, researchers and practitioners Dr Oliver Bown, Bic Tieu and Carly Vickers. Visitors can check out contributions from UNSW Art & Design staff, students and alumni in the following programming.
Spiral by Dr Oliver Bown, MAAS Visiting Research Fellow 2018, in collaboration with the Tangents ensemble, is a musical composition and installation that explores the mechanical and performative nature of self-playing instruments. This project was inspired by the Museum’s collection of player pianos and piano roll production equipment from the Mastertouch Piano Roll Company.
Thursday 7 March 2019
5.00pm - 8.00pm
Join current Masters of Design student Chantelle Baistow in a new craft co-design workshop which gives participants the opportunity to co-create a series of 3D printed ceramic objects, explore issues concerning sustainability and consumerism, and learn about the design process. The workshop consists of two activities; a co-design drawing game and clay 3D printing.
Exhibition dates: 1 - 11 March 2019, 10.00am - 5.00pm